This company was incorporated in New Jersey on February 7, 1913, to sell products of the Edison Storage Battery Company through branch offices in the United States.The company was officially dissolved on December 3, 1943.Financial backing was provided by the Deutsche Bank.This German company began operating in Berlin on April 1, 1904.This company was incorporated on January 16, 1919, to service commercial and passenger vehicles equipped with Edison storage batteries.The company was sold to the Edison Storage Battery Company on July 6, 1926, and was legally dissolved on August 5, 1926.Edison acquired a controlling interest in September 1908. Mack in 1912, and the company went into receivership shortly afterwards.
The company's assets and property rights were assigned to Thomas A. It produced batteries for mining lamps, train lighting and signaling, submarines, electric vehicles, and other uses.The company was the prototype for other local illuminating companies that were established in the United States during the 1880s. In 1901 it consolidated with the New York Gas & Electric Light, Heat & Power Company to become the New York Edison Company.In 1936 the name of the company was changed to Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc.During 1908 its patents were combined in a manufacturers' pool headed by the North American Portland Cement Company. It was succeeded by the Edison Cement Corporation, which continued to manufacture cement until June 1942.This company was incorporated on April 25, 1914, to market the byproducts of Edison's cement production.